Application now open for the 2016 LSSI-Amgen Teacher Program.
Program dates: July 6-14, 2016 at San Diego Miramar College
Deadline to apply: April 15, 2016
Key Program Features:
- $500 one-time stipend for implementation of one or more labs in a classroom located within San Diego County during the 2016-2017 academic school year. Teachers may use of the following LSSI-Amgen Distribution Centers: San Diego Miramar College, Mira Costa College, or Mt. San Jacinto College.
- Option to purchase continuing education units from Cal State San Marcos Extended
- Visit biotechnology companies and interact with science professionals.
- Receive on-going support for curriculum implementation, including loaner equipment and supplies.
- Learn first-hand biotech techniques that are being used by scientists in the field of biotechnology using the Amgen Biotech Experience (A.B.E.) Curriculum (amgenbiotechexperience.com).
- Must be teaching lab-based courses in the biological, chemical, or physical sciences at a public or private high school or community college within San Diego County.
- Must be able to provide their own transportation each day of the program.
- Must agree to implement new A.B.E curriculum in their classroom during the approaching school year and in subsequent years with the support of supplies, equipment, and program staff from Southern California Biotechnology Center.